Reports to: Lead Direct Support Staff
Job Description Summary
Bridge of Promise provides programs and services that will enrich the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Direct Support Staff is responsible for implementing those programs and services which meet the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of the participants at Bridge Academy.
The Direct Support Staff works as an active team member providing support to participants which may include assistance with activities of daily living.
- At least 18 years of age
- Successfully pass a Washington State and Federal Background Check.
- CPR and First Aid
- Legibly write, read and communicate in English
- Willing to travel between Bellevue, Carnation, and Redmond for shift placement
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
- Requires mobility
- Working with ambulatory and non-ambulatory individuals in various settings
- Assist some individuals with daily living tasks (feeding, bathroom duties, etc.)
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
Desired Additional Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Enjoys working with adults with developmental disabilities]
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Multitasking Capabilities
Primary Responsibilities – All essential job responsibilities will be executed in accordance with Bridge of Promises policies and compliance/ethics guidelines.
- Encourages and fully participates with participants in all activities with peers and the community in general.
- Assist participants in transitioning from one activity to another.
- Assist with transporting and or/escorting program participants to, from and within the program, on Bridge of Promise grounds and on external trips.
- Provides direct care to the participant as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Notifies supervisor when unclear in training, expectations, instructions or policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org